Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Responsive Psalms

Every Sunday service I have conducted, I have sought to have a special item: for the purpose of spiritual diversity or richness, for encouraging and building up the saints, for demonstrating that the gospel is relevant to our own day, and (important to me) to keep introducing people to the Church. And original spiritual content is, in my view, crucial. OBSERVATION: But for some services, I have not succeeded in getting an item together, or an item has dropped out. Frequently, then, I have fallen back on a responsive psalm (see the image), and have asked someone to lead the congregation in saying it -- if possible with some personal words at the start. Many of the psalms were originally written to be said with congregational responses.

No comments: