Sunday, February 28, 2021

Synthesising

Throughout my ministries, I have been a synthesiser. We have synthesised age groups, languages, social strata, race groups, political persuasions, fashions, even local Churches and Protestant branches ... It needs to be one Church, enriched by all, encompassing all. When I finished in urban ministry in particular, there was no majority age group, no majority race, not even a majority language left. I have deliberately rejected homogeneity (sameness) in a congregation. It is not good. However, I have not done the opposite, and deliberately pursued synthesis. Synthesis is not the goal, but it is the natural spiritual result of the way that a Church functions. God Himself shapes a Church's demographics. Otherwise it's merely engineering, or politics, or something of the sort. 

No comments: