Monday, September 5, 2016

Compromised Account

There have been more serious things happening off this blog than on. With this in mind, I have blogged about real concerns about my on-line security. It comes as little surprise, then, that my Internet Service Provider contacted me this morning to inform me that my account has "likely been compromised", not on my computer but on the server. OBSERVATION: Among other things, e-mails have been sent in my name -- both sense and nonsense. An example of "sense": an e-mail from "me", through a fluke, bounced back to me from a government office (see a previous post). But I had never sent such an e-mail. In fact I reported a crime relating to that office, to another office. Deliberate hacking would seem to make an unlikely story, yet at the same time it would seem to make sense. I'll be running this by a contact in the police's eCrime department -- see what he thinks.

No comments: