Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Reluctant Receipt

I received a letter from a company which worried me -- so I asked to file a response. I would be content with that, I said. But they refused. So I called by the company's reception. Again they refused. I called up my attorney. What should I do? You are right, said my attorney, they should simply sign receipt, it is standard practice. Failing that, he said, you file an affidavit with the police, so that there is a record of the refusal. I asked the police's advice. They said get the name of who is refusing, or an affidavit is useless. The company refused to tell me who was refusing. I decided to hold out for a receipt -- it seemed the most sensible way to go. After nearly an hour, a director signed receipt and said I was wasting his time.

No comments: