Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Church Plant

Four years ago, I shelved this post -- I am not sure why. Looking back today, my post was "prophetic". I said that two things were not working in this Church plant's favour. After much prayer and discussion, it was closed.

"On Sunday, I attended here (pictured). This Church plant was well run, the ministry was sound, and it felt good to be there. I felt that two things were not working in its favour at the moment: it did not have a minister, and I would step up ministry by members, the [Sunday] priesthood of believers, which in my view is important for urban Churches especially."

POSTSCRIPT: This likely confirms my observations. According to CDF Capital, Churches with a "greatly involved laity" have a 90.1% chance of growth. If there is merely "some involvement", the chances are against growth.

No comments: