Saturday, March 4, 2017

Landmark Church

I have said that my old city Church, Sea Point Evangelical Congregational Church, was a landmark. It was seen to be so in various ways. One was through the visitors it attracted. Among them, I think of the International Director of the Overseas Council, the Provost of Fuller Theological Seminary, the General Secretary of Lausanne III, the President of the World Evangelical Congregational Fellowship, a Dean of the University of Cape Town, a Director of the Bible Society, a Synagogue Director, a Miss South Africa -- and many more. OBSERVATION: Much the same may be said of my father's ministry before me. It seems hard to explain, but I think it was a sign of something of substance happening there, in the midst of all those things which sometimes seem to bear so little significance.

No comments: