Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Saying No To Vehicles

Strangely, a conversation recently touched on vehicles which were offered to me in ministry. This has happened to me five times. Four out of five times, I did not accept the gift, because I felt uncomfortable. I felt it was inappropriate for a minister to benefit from ministry, or to seem to benefit from ministry -- it just didn't seem to fit. The one time I did accept a vehicle, the owner was leaving the country in a hurry, having been offered a job overseas. I was doing him a favour, so he persuaded me. OBSERVATION: Here's one example of such a situation. A man was converted through my ministry, and he wanted to get rid of everything he had ever gained through not knowing God. I said I felt very honoured, and I was thankful, but no.

No comments: