Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Writer's Block

I take conceptual issues very seriously. At the end of February, I ran into "terrifying" writer's block, developing my metaphysic (a total philosophy). I could not resolve some conceptual issues, and was stuck. Two or three weeks later, I resolved them. This week I ran into such writer's block again. Would it be another two or three weeks? Thankfully it was resolved in a day. OBSERVATION: The first conceptual issues were classic: we speak, in a sense, different languages within our very own language. Not only is it the difference between ordinary language, science, and mathematics, but we talk past one another in our beliefs and values, among other things. How does one understand the "different languages"? By and large, I had it worked out already, but I couldn't iron out the details.

No comments: