Monday, June 19, 2017

Without Fear Or Favour

Last month, the Human Rights Commission advised me to lay charges in connection with a doctor. I spread out their letter in a police charge office. The officer on duty excused himself, and spoke to higher command. He came back and said: “At a later stage ... because there’s a doctor involved.” However the charges went through, because the officer discovered an issue with jurisdiction (it wasn't his). He asked me whether I had anything else to say. I said: “A constable, a doctor, a minister, we’re all the same before the law.” He laughed. He said: “I hear what you’re saying.” OBSERVATION: I was correct about us all being equal before the law. I double-checked it afterwards, although it should be obvious. I have a recording of the encounter, but it would seem overkill to put it up.

No comments: