Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Court Appearance

Today I attended the court appearance of a prominent student leader. The court was crowded, mostly by students -- surely beyond capacity. More interesting than the court proceedings, however, was the fact that I was seated between two academics, who discussed the dynamics of the university while, for one hour, the court was delayed. This was the best of educations, but really quite frightening. Now to the evidence advanced in court. My overall impression, among many, was that the quality of evidence was poor.

POSTSCRIPT: I left during an adjournment. After that, the matter was postponed. I said that's an expensive postponement, because it needn't have happened -- about ten officers of the court are postponed. Someone said, that's what's supposed to happen.

No comments: