Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Police Stop Raid-Reports

Without comment, in this post, I list further dates and facts. The background to this post is this: I continued to pressure the police for a docket in which they set me up (see also Publishing Police Woes). At the end of 2015, I began what I called a "new push" for information, and now experienced further search and seize raids on my property. Then a stunning raid – a search which went under my concrete floor and inside toys, among other things. Here is the sequence of events which followed this raid:
• 3 February 2016. Major Evertson of Caledon made a statement. There had been no search and seize raids. Yet how did he know? Among other things, I had not yet opened a case.
• 4 February 2016. I visited the police to report the raids. Colonel Scanlen of Cape Town Central blocked me. He refused to let me report them (click ⊳ to Play). With heavy South African accent, he says: "I'm going to refuse your charge."
• 14 February 2016. I informed the police that I had the audio in which Colonel Scanlen had stopped me.
• 18 February 2016. I entered my property to find another, massive search and seize raid. Among other things, my most personal notebooks had been seized. I  offered a R10 000 reward.
• 18 February 2016. I went to the Caledon police to make a statement about the latest raids. They didn't stop me. However, they refused to record that documents had been seized. I reached out, took the statement from them, and added this in my own hand. 
A case was now open – and is still open today. Five times, the investigator has been replaced. Critical evidence was removed from the docket. The police refused to co-operate with the prosecution. The prosecution wrote in red ink across the docket: “What is going on here?!” And I travelled more than 600km for abortive appearances in court as a state witness. OBSERVATION: Those are the facts. Let the reader interpret.

POSTCSRIPT:  Again, this recording highlights something of wider import: the distinction between police and prosecution is in many cases no more.

No comments: