This one is merely about numbers. During my two major ministries, most numbers went up. This post is about my first major (suburban) ministry of ten years. Tomorrow I am putting up a post about my second major (urban) ministry of nearly twenty years. My percentages below are calculated like this: numbers added ÷ the start number × 100. I am listing spiritual ministry only:
• Sunday attendance increased 350% or more, depending on the phase we were inOBSERVATION: It is obvious that this was a very successful ministry, in terms of numbers anyway -- but I think one can speak of this as knowing the tree by its fruit. However, all that growth took its toll on the minister (me). I did not cope well with it.
• Our all-week attendance (including Sundays) increased about 200%
• A minister's Bible study went from zero to strong
• A women's Bible study went from zero to strong
• A young adults group went from zero to a modest size
• A Youth group went from zero to strong
• A Women's Association, Sunday School, and Church choir were strong before and after my ministry