Thursday, July 19, 2018

Treasurer's Falsehoods

I here reveal for the first time how, before my departure from my city Church -- Sea Point Evangelical Congregational Church -- our Church treasurer wrote long lists of false statements, relating to myself. City attorneys judged that these "played a crucial part in his [my] departure from the church ... one of the longest and most decisive ministries in the history of the church." The treasurer's statements were simply unhinged -- in the sense of being unhinged from what was real. With the facts before them, attorneys responded point by point:
"This is false ... "
"This is false ... "
"This is again false ... "
"Again, this is false ... "
"This is false ... "
"This is false ... "
"This is false ... "
"This is false ... "
"This is false ... "
And so on -- laying it all out in five pages. Then they wrote: "Please respond promptly." There was no response. I asked the Church to address the matter. I received no reply. OBSERVATION: It is with reluctance that I post something like this, for the reason that it may cast a shadow over the wonderful work that God had done over those years. It was a heyday of the Church. One reason for this post: I believe one owes it to people to help them understand "the big picture".

No comments: