Sunday, July 22, 2018

My Electronics Kits

I was searching for an integrated circuit today when I stumbled upon several of my own designs for sale as kits (in this list, no. 4 and no. 8). That's at Yebo Electronics. OBSERVATION: I used to make good royalties off kits. Then I swapped the royalties for the copyrights -- so, for example, I put some designs in a book, and if I pleased I could put them on this blog today, or share them with friends. It was not the best decision, as the kits are still selling, but the copyrights are not. These are nice kits (on the right), and interesting ones I think. I took two of my more sophisticated designs and simplified them to turn them into attractive deals. With kits, the electronics store has the double advantage of a profit on the kit, and a profit on the components -- and all told, this keeps their wheels turning just a little faster.

No comments: