This is one of Cape Town's famous beaches in the morning sun. It is Camps Bay beach. It was originally the Baai von Kamptz, after Friedrich von Kamptz, a Dutch sailor who arrived in the Cape in 1778. The widow Anna Wernich owned the farm Ravensteyn, which adjoined the bay, and Von Kamptz married Wernich. This is a Blue Flag beach, a certification of the Foundation for Environmental Education. Camps Bay is an affluent suburb.