Sunday, January 13, 2019

Countering A Rumour [Part 2]

Following on from yesterday's post -- Countering a Rumour [Part 1] -- here is the rumour: The attorney who praised me highly in fact -- it is said -- threatened me severely (quote) "because of your behaviour". The impression is that an attorney "read me the riot act" at the close of my city ministry. In fact the very opposite is true -- I put up the facts in yesterday's post. The source of this is again a Church finance officer, and he will hear nothing to the contrary -- stating that I will be "deleted without being read". His name: Ian Appleton. OBSERVATION: This kind of behaviour causes much distress, and severely impacts a Church's ability to thrive. It may be noted that defamation and crimen injuria are offences.

POSTSCRIPT: The deliberate rumours were already a problem back then. The attorney above advised: "Paul the apostle didn't allow for this nonsense. He confronted it head on. I strongly advise take them on one by one."

No comments: