Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Police: A Self-Explanatory Post

On 12 March this year, I wrote to the Sea Point police (the SAPS): "I request permission to see files in which I was allegedly set up. Why this fresh request: the SAPS handed my own dockets to third parties ..." On 19 June, Station Commander H.A.E. Mouton responded: "Kindly submit your formal request on the prescribed SAP 512(n) form, to allow this office to continue with the relevant process." My response to the Station Commander is not important here, because the only acknowledgement I received is this (it was duplicated):


OBSERVATION: To be precise, this response came with full details of the police deletion: "Final-recipient: RFC822;  SeapointSAPS@saps.gov.za" and so on.  This requires no comment.  The dynamic here, if not the whole situation, seems clear.  The Department of Justice has taken note of it.

POSTSCRIPT: The messages above were generated by Message Disposition Notifications (MDNs). A follow-up a year later showed that the Sea Point police now blocked MDNs.

No comments: