Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Make Your Case (Audio)

A few years ago, my house was raided. In the course of time, I reported that critical information had been removed from the docket, several times. Lt. Col. Gavin Brink, the commander of the investigating section in Caledon, when I sought to resolve this, said I was playing games. He challenged me: "Make your case." Last week I listed written evidence at Make Your Case. Here further are two minutes of audio, in which the prosecutor speaks. They reveal missing information and more (click ⊳ to Play).
Caledon CAS 164/02/2016
• 16 Dec 2016. The police issue written receipt re R100 000+ stolen goods.
• 21 Sep 2017. Prosecutor Meyer reports this information is missing (in the audio).
• 9 May 2019. Lt Col GC Brink issues a statement:
       "The docket perused and no information was removed from the docket."
• 3 Jul 2019. Access to information is granted on appeal. This supports the prosecutor.
POSTSCRIPT: Three days after this post, W/O Barlow of the Caledon police denied that the courts were experiencing any difficulty because of the police -- and so it carries on.

No comments: