Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Setting Out The Facts

Earlier this year, I attended a Church Meeting of my old city Church. I was invited to sit at the front, then asked to leave. City attorneys after this set out some facts, which they addressed to the Church Meeting, the members. Here they are in summary:
• The Meeting broke the rules from start to finish, and through its recent behaviour, its decisions may be nullified
• The Church property, including the sanctuary, was offered to a local businessman (a first refusal), and critical financial controls were removed 
• A final agreement with me was claimed to exist, which did not. I was further refused access to a vital memorandum about unpaid pension
• The rule of law is central to our country's constitution, and the Church should accept that it is my controlling body by law
• The interim minister was said to be appointed by a Board, but if this is true, then he was not lawfully appointed
• The interim minister made a crucial false claim about my affiliation, and
• Basic principles of fairness towards myself were cast overboard, above all audi alterem partem
OBSERVATION: If anyone should think that this may be incorrect, or out of context, I would be pleased to provide the full document. The only reply we received to date was from the interim minister Rev. Conradie, unfortunately a false statement.

POSTSCRIPT: Attorneys judged that the office-bearer who led the meeting would ordinarily be suspended from membership for the performance.

No comments: