Sunday, December 15, 2019

My Madness

Some years ago, I was assaulted in Church. A doctor wrote it up in his clinical notes -- but when I asked him for a copy, he had changed his notes. I lodged a complaint with the Health Professions Council. I don't think anyone claimed that I hadn't seen the notes -- rather it was said that I imagined that I saw them. I saw them in madness. That was the defence -- and the Council accepted it. But having studied psychology, it was clear to me that those who had handled this defence did not have basic training in psychology -- or they had forgotten it all. I made various attempts to address the matter. Most recently, I filed legal requests for the qualifications of those involved -- there were six people in all. In three cases, I now know that they were not qualified. Then, last week, the Health Professions Council refused to reveal the qualifications of the other three. This is unusual, as the Council sets a high priority on issues which have to do with doctors' qualifications -- and these are their doctors. OBSERVATION: This matter has been taking awfully long, however my priority is answers, not the amount of time it takes. I have lodged a legal appeal for those qualifications.

No comments: