Friday, March 20, 2020

Recovering

Thank you for your get-well wishes, of which I received many. I had a 'very high fever' this week, and could hardly stand up. Symptoms were similar to COVID-19, but the doctor's first guess was rheumatic fever (I had not been in contact with any known carriers of COVID-19). I was isolated for a day, until rheumatic fever was confirmed. With a high-tech drug, I am better so far, although still weak and feverish. OBSERVATION: Rheumatic fever is an immune response. Very few people who catch the bacillus get the fever (30 million a year worldwide). This was a bad one. I am fit and well, and in the space of hours I was in big trouble. Rheumatic fever has a higher mortality rate than COVID-19. It is a bigger problem in some parts of the world, as the map shows.

No comments: