Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Wrong Doctor

I have come out the other side of rheumatic fever exhausted but fine. The question with all rheumaic fever, though, is whether it will bounce back. In fact, this was a case of it bouncing back. A while back, my now ex-doctor would not treat me for rheumatic fever. Another doctor gave me a box of medication for something else, and it cured the rheumatic fever. I went to see my doctor, put the box on his desk, and told him the news. He thought for a while, then tapped his fingers on the box, and smiled: "This ... cured arthritis?" That was goodbye. Last week a new doctor said: "You have a history of rheumatic fever. We have all the symptoms here. Try this." He gave me the same box, and it cured me.  OBSERVATION: Doctors are trained beyond what ordinary people can imagine, so one doesn't instruct a doctor. In this case, however, the first doctor was wrong, and he was jeopardising my health. (It's an abridged story, but it is correct).

No comments: