Saturday, March 28, 2020

Inopportune Zoom

A minister last week sent me a link, with which I could participate in a meeting with Zoom. I didn't use the link, nor did I have any connection with Zoom. Zoom, without my consent, then opened an account in my name, sent me an "account update", and notified me:
We may gather the following categories of Personal Data about you:
 Information commonly used to identify you, such as your name, user name, physical address, email address, phone numbers, and other similar identifiers
 Information about your job, such as your title and employer
 Credit/debit card or other payment information
 Facebook profile information (when you use Facebook to log-in to our Products or to create an account for our Products)
 General information about your product and service preferences
 Information about your device, network, and internet connection, such as your IP address(es), MAC address, other device ID (UDID), device type, operating system type and version, and client version
 Information about your usage of or other interaction with our Products (“Usage Information”)
 Other information you upload, provide, or create while using the service ("Customer Content"), as further detailed in the “Customer Content” section below

No comments: