Thursday, May 13, 2021

Called Three Times

In my desert ministry -- my consulent ministry in the Karoo -- I was called three times. First in 2013, I received the initial call. This stopped the sale of the Church, and revived the congregation. In 2014, I resigned as consulent, because the Church Board needed to sort things out among themselves. Within days, I was invited to continue. Then, in 2019, a third invitation re-established order in the Church, after severe storm damage had upset things. This year, my consulent ministry came to a close. The Church's future seemed settled now, so that a consulent ministry was no longer needed. OBSERVATION: I think the informal relationship will continue.

POSTSCRIPT: Consulent is a rare word. It is a title in the Congregational Church. According to the Oxford English Dictionary, it is "someone who gives advice". Advisor to the Church -- although it usually includes ministry.

No comments: