Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Postgraduate Health Plan

Discovery Health invited me this week to register for a COVID-19 vaccination. But wait, one small thing. They wanted me to read and approve their Terms and Conditions. I clicked on Terms and Conditions. This was more than 6 000 words long. It looked quite academic, too -- so I put it through a computer analysis. The findings: one needs to have started a postgraduate degree (just above Grade 15) to understand -- bearing in mind that the degree would be in the appropriate field, perhaps medical law. OBSERVATION: I asked them whether any members below postgraduate level had indicated that they understood. My computer commented, "The writing is complex and may be difficult to read."

POSTSCRIPT: I am at the moment involved in a discussion hosted by Banabans, concerning an agreement their ancestors were asked to sign, where (it is said) they could not have understood it. 

No comments: