Saturday, July 19, 2008

Wart Remover


Among my many electronics inventions was a wart remover. This was a breakthrough, in that it reduced the current required to remove a wart to mere microamps, and placed electronic wart removal in the hands of amateurs for the first time. It took me a year to develop. I knew it was a winner, so I investigated a patent. But the sticking point was medical approvals. I fell back on publication, in three major magazines (Popular Mechanics was one). OBSERVATION: The photo shows the printed circuit board (PCB) of one of my designs. There's a complete design for free at Circuit Exchange. To follow the electronics trail on this blog, click on the "Electronics" category top left.

4 comments:

Jay C said...

Thomas, just built your wart zapper. Thanks you so much for sharing this. I had tried some other fixes and this one worked right off.

I used your parts list and substituted the same SMD parts. I have the benefit of a CNC mill so I was able to mill the circuit I laid out in Eagle Light. I soldered it up tonight and turned it loose on my three warts. It works. I had my o-scope connected watching the voltage and frequency on the probe. I knew when I hit the right spot as the voltage would drop low and start to climb. The 500K pot is not needed for me.

Thanks again,
Jay

Thomas O. Scarborough said...

Thanks Jay. At your age, this is no mean accomplishment. ;-) The Wart Zapper has some amazing results -- mostly. The research and development was a labour of love.

Brandt said...

Thomas, I found someone who seems to have had a problem with your circuit, and posted their own correction:

http://tinyurl.com/yz28eah

Can you verify this?

Thomas O. Scarborough said...

Thanks Brandt. I borrowed the voltage booster from Circuit Source Book 2 by Robert Penfold. So long as it's a booster and it works. I just ran over the circuit, and I don't spot a problem -- I'm assuming that this is my circuit at CXI, as I've done several embodiments. I also did a circuit that uses two PP3 batteries in series, drops the voltage across the IC, and uses no booster at all -- much simplified. I can't believe I don't have it on my blog. We shall see.