Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Clandestine Visit

Earlier this year, I visited another Church -- in fact I stayed on the premises as a guest. It was a Church of vastly different tradition and practice to my own. However, before I entered the premises, I gave the "chief" a guarantee of silence. I sought permission to post a photo of a service on this blog, with a brief description, but this was not granted. It was one of the most interesting and informative experiences I have had in my life. Everything was opened up to me.

4 comments:

Jenny Hillebrand said...

This is a most unfair post - it makes us desperately want to know what, why?
As you knew it would!

Thomas O. Scarborough said...

The first thing the "chief" and I did, when I entered the gates, was to shake on confidentiality. This, however, opened up an amazing time for me.

This will no doubt serve merely to increase everyone's desperation ... !

Steve Hayes said...

I never knew you were a Freemason!

Thomas O. Scarborough said...

Would you believe it wasn't the Freemasons. Could have been an Orthodox Church for all anyone knows!