Friday, September 16, 2011

Cloud Computing


Cloud computing is old news by now. However, there are many who do not have Cloud computing -- or may not even know what it is. Cloud computing is integrated with my current operating system Xubuntu (Xfce-Ubuntu). The image shows that I just saved a file named Called to Mission, and that it was simultaneously synchronised with the Cloud. I'm not sure what the "2 other files" are -- perhaps automatic backups. That is, Called to Mission was sent to some place on the planet where it is now duplicated. So if I should boot up another Xubuntu computer with my name on it -- say in Fiji or India or Argentina -- Called to Mission would be there, just where I left off. And if the computer I am now using should be indisposed, Called to Mission would still be close to hand. The file could be accessed, too, through other operating systems e.g. Windows, although that would be just a little awkward.

No comments: