Thursday, October 27, 2011

Giving Plants A Voice

The next concept I wish to tackle electronically is a a device which I hope will give the plant kingdom a voice -- to turn plant "emotions" into sound. I previously did experiments in this line, which were partially successful -- but I found that plant "voices" ran too wild -- they went "off the scale". They would speak for a while in tones and semitones, then suddenly in multiple octaves. OBSERVATION: As soon as I give the plants of our planet a voice, human voices, for the first time in history, will be in the minority. Also, humans will finally appreciate what they have been doing to plants' emotions by eating them. But seriously, who wouldn't want to hear their pot plant talk? (I previously monitored voltages in plants, and used a voltage-to-frequency converter to enable them to "speak").

No comments: