Friday, April 13, 2012

Fight Or Decline?

I debated within myself today whether I should permit determined people to press our Church in a general direction which I feel certain will have me presiding over the decline of “our beloved Church” – or whether I should fight a good spiritual fight, with others by my side, for its continued viability and vitality. OBSERVATION: I have little regular authority as a Congregational minister, yet have fought spiritual fights in the past for the sake of a thriving Church – which lifted it out of debt, improved its properties, increased its congregations, and deepened its spirituality. My "debate within myself" did lead to the conclusion that, while the fight is necessary, it should be without the element of control.

1 comment:

Steve Hayes said...

What are the issues? That is the question! Not the details of your specific congregation. but the "general direction" that is causing you concern.