Sunday, April 28, 2013

Gospel Message Church

This morning I worshiped with the Gospel Message Church in Borchards township, some 450 km / 280 mi east of Cape Town. I took this photo from the platform, where I was seated with the pastors and elders. Children (pictured), teens, and adults all played a significant part in the three-hour service. I was told that the Church was Pentecostal -- but no, it was Evangelical African plus amp. Seats are at the back, with an open space at the front, mainly for dancing. The sermon (1 Cor 1-4) focused on God's riches in hardship, and the need for spiritual warfare. OBSERVATION: I slipped out of the Church to take a call on my cellphone. They sent after me to fetch me back -- in Borchards, they said, it was not safe to walk outside. You may click on the photo to enlarge to VGA.

No comments: