Friday, June 21, 2013

Like Attracted To Like?

I have long thought that couples "rub off on each other" -- it is not merely a matter of like being attracted to like. This has been particularly interesting in my cross-cultural relationship and marriage -- to observe not merely that things do "rub off", but that there is a subtle exchange of cultural traits. I have noticed this especially in interacting with my son, who carries my old cultural traits before my marriage as a widower. OBSERVATION: Just one example among several that I can think of is personal property and sharing. In my own culture, one would tend to say: "That's my chocolate" (one of the more important examples I can think of) -- not to speak of a hundred different things. This is one area that has noticeably changed with me.

No comments: