Sunday, December 22, 2013

Jumping Spider

I invented the Jumping Spider. The electronic version, that is. This was copyrighted seven years ago by Wimborne Publishing. This month I happened upon the video of my first working prototype -- here it is for all to see. After this, I used a bigger spider which more or less concealed the mechanism. OBSERVATION: There were many (attempted) prototypes before this. After this video, though, I came up against a wall with further engineering. It was beyond what a hobbyist could do. The Chinese took off the tether (seen in this video), and a feebly jumping spider is now available worldwide. But I think that this defeats the "scare" objective. I would now suggest a portable plug-in charge unit, and a method of triggering a jump, built into the spider. A clever engineer can do it.

No comments: