Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Honouring Ministry

I was brought up with a passionate loyalty to missions and ministry. My parents taught me great honour for ministry -- which Biblically is right. Also, I experienced missions from the inside -- the enormous work and suffering of missionaries. Today, therefore, I am fiercely protective of missionaries or ministers who are maligned, including myself. If it's me who is maligned, then for me, in an important sense it is more about the honour of missions and ministry than it is about me. Last year in particular I was maligned a lot, within the Church. I do not let it lie -- not least for the sake of the missions and ministry I speak about, which deserve respect. OBSERVATION: One acknowledges that missionaries and ministers are weak and fallible -- but one gets the point. The photo shows me in a London Missionary Society launch, in 1968. The late Teoti is on the right.

No comments: