Sunday, March 9, 2014

Psychological Assessment

Half way through my ministry, I underwent an in-depth psychological assessment -- for my own improvement. After hours of testing and analysis, a number of graphs were placed before me. There was one result that absolutely stood out from the rest. On the surface of it, I was affable, hesitant. Underneath, I was determined, ferocious. The implication for ministry, I was told, was that people tend to deal with who they think they are dealing with, and I could therefore be opening the door to opportunists. OBSERVATION: However, I forget the details of the analysis -- I am here reporting from memory. Also, I wouldn't think that it was a case of being either this or that -- rather, it was all of it true together. Yet in my "insider" experience of ministers, not least urban ministers, I think that this finding should be true of many.

No comments: