Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Thumped

I got thumped yesterday -- fortunately not hurt -- and I had it coming to me. I was sitting in a Church board-room when I received a call on my cell-phone. As I spoke, I tried a side door, and it opened into a small space. Oh, this was an interesting place! There was a narrow staircase with a door at the top. Lost in conversation, I walked up the steps, tried the handle, and the door opened -- to reveal more steps going up. Still lost in conversation, the staircase did a turn, and continued higher, to a landing. Still talking, I thought: "I wonder whether I've got into a Church tower?" That's where I got thumped, in the shadows. It was the caretaker, thinking I was an intruder. Wife E. comments: "Why do you always wander when you speak on the phone?"

No comments: