Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Moral Dilemmas

Two Youth leaders told me a story (an old one). A student, in desperation, prays to the Lord for financial intervention. She stands at a bus stop behind a professor. As the professor boards the bus, his wallet drops onto the pavement / sidewalk. She picks it up. Is this an answer to prayer? or a temptation from Satan? I said: "Are you saying that you can't work this one out?" The Youth leaders said: "That's right." I said: "It seems obvious to me. You do what is right. You give the professor his wallet back. Then you trust God to do something amazing." OBSERVATION: It is surprising, though, how often similar situations come up. For instance: "Lord, help me to get this refugee visa." Then an official steps up and asks for a bribe. Or one prays for a roof over one's head. Then someone produces a form: "We've got a room for you. You just need to back-date this."

1 comment:

New Testament Ministry said...

I absolutely love this post! All of us find ourselves in this position at one time or another.