Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Opening Up

A year ago, I was attacked and injured in my robes. At the time, I removed a blog post about it, and I made little mention of it since. But recently, some things changed. A doctor who had been decidedly strange about it, now made a statement about the "events which took place on 26 May 2013", and the "injuries that he observed on 28 May 2013". Soon after, I received a surprise letter from someone who was "so sorry" about the "physical violence" I had experienced. OBSERVATION: It comes as a relief, to witness things opening up -- although the documentary evidence was there from the start. The situation as it now stands puts paid to those who claimed that it never happened. Last year in August, the police rejected any wrongdoing on my part. I have declined to lay charges, although the option is open.

NOTE: It was through another incident, on 5 June 2013, that I resigned from urban ministry. But that is another story.

No comments: