Thursday, August 7, 2014

Justice In Genesis

I preached a series of sermons on Genesis. Arriving at the story of Joseph, I said to the congregation: "I just want the text to speak for itself -- and I see a theme that runs all the way through. Joseph was tragically sold into slavery, he was unjustly jailed, and his one hope of release (pharaoh’s cupbearer) failed him simply because he 'forgot'. The people who did him wrong were far away, and getting on with their ordinary lives. But the final word in the story is: 'God intended it for good.' That of course implies that God’s mighty hand was on the situation." I know it spoke to the congregation -- I knew that many were without justice. A young businessman, who read the Scripture, said: "It seems that’s exactly what I’m facing at the moment."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is very helping most of the time we appreciate God at the end
God.raised.someone to solve the situation at that time.God.allows a push