Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Scary Counselling

I have had thousands of counselling sessions. A few of them have been scary. Here's one. I met with a man who controlled 45% of the world markets, and the Arab spring -- he said. He laughed irrepressibly, then suddenly he warned: "I could turn to terrorism -- just like that! I'm at tipping-point!" and he snapped his fingers. It didn't help that he blamed the clergy for the state of the world. I manoeuvred my way out of my office, towards the street, talking all the time. When he realised what I was up to, he tried to jump in front of me, and tried to slam the gate. Too late, I was "home free". OBSERVATION: It was mania -- but even so, I dropped items of spiritual counsel into the conversation. God could use them at the right time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Two things scare me. The first is getting hurt. But that's not nearly as scary as the second, which is losing. See the link below for more info.


#scary
www.matreyastudios.com