Thursday, October 30, 2014

Tribute To A Pump

This is a tribute to a little pump. I needed to build a house -- which requires a lot of water. But I didn't have a water supply, or electricity. There was a stream about 40 metres / yards distant, or a R20 000 (about $2 000) connection to the local graveyard. I found a ProPump FL35, a 12V self-priming pump, supplied by Rudd Products of Johannesburg, and pumped water from the stream. Amazingly, the pump did put up a whole house, together with a conservancy tank, then it filled my water tanks high up on a stand, and is now on stand-by to keep the tanks topped up (click on the photos to enlarge). OBSERVATION: The pump pumps 3.3 litres per minute, to a height of 24 metres. There is also one available at half the price with a third of the flow -- and there are bigger pumps, too. My pump cost R1 089 (about $100) plus VAT. Rudd's service (Olivia) was exceptional.

No comments: