Sunday, January 25, 2015

Inexplicable

I have come across various things in ministry which would be very hard to explain. Here is an example, just as it happened. J., a young man in our congregation, suddenly struggled to breathe. The hospital wouldn't attend to him. He waited there for five hours. He snoozed a while in a chair, then he opened his eyes, and said to his brother: "I want you to settle my affairs. I want you to take instructions." His brother said: "No, don't talk like this! You're talking crazy! You'll be OK!" J. said to him in English -- which was a language foreign to them both: "Listen carefully. God told me this! God!" So his brother took instructions in English. Then J. went into convulsions and died. In the three months before his death, J. contacted any number of people to settle his affairs and say goodbye.

No comments: