Thursday, February 19, 2015

Writing With Promise

In faith, I have dedicated a substantial amount of time to writing a metaphysic. "Supposing that I could demonstrate it," I said -- namely, that it is possible in our day to create a new metaphysic. There were early signs of God's blessing on my work. Firstly, I was invited to do it. Then a well known editor wrote to me: "This young project may yet become a mighty oak." From then on, it was a determined effort, chasing forty deadlines, and for months writing "in the dark", with neither praise nor detraction. There was also the question as to whether I could break through major conceptual blocks. I could. I wrote nearly 200 000 words in all, of which nearly 30 000 are now published in draft (the rest are discarded). This week I received comments-which-matter on the whole of my work: "Your new publication is worth making something of." I met the last of my deadlines today, to finish a complete draft.

No comments: