Monday, March 16, 2015

Criminal

I have had considerable trouble since resigning from urban ministry, having been accused nearly thirty times in writing of a variety of criminal offences. This translated (so far) into two sets of criminal charges against me, both of which were thrown out by the authorities (a waste of time, they said, and baseless). This week, I decided to refer all of the accusations without exception, with specifics, to the police. I said that such accusations cannot remain secret. It is now universal practice to hand over (alleged) ministry offences to the authorities, sooner rather than later. OBSERVATION: It presented a conundrum for the police, yet I think that they dealt with it in an exemplary way. I believe that what I did was "the only thing" to do. Emotionally, too, it was good for me to do.

No comments: