Thursday, April 23, 2015

Re-Opening A Case

Elsewhere on my blog, I describe a raid on my personal papers (see Searched). I said at the time: This is a professional job. But there were two things happening at that time, which strangely I did not combine in my mind. Perhaps because they happened in locations far apart. I had made an official claim on some police papers in town (19 November). The next day, the raid on my personal papers in the country was reported to me: thousands of papers lifted. The day after that, the police in town asked to see me. When I saw them (24 November), they told me again and again and again and again (and again and again, if not again): You've got nothing. By and large, I didn't reply to that. The same day, an investigator was appointed in the country, in the case of the stolen papers. Three days after that, he closed the case (part of the notification is pictured above right). OBSERVATION: Let the reader make of this what they will. I thought twice about posting this, because it is a post which has no answer. Here is what I make of it:  It looks like too much of a coincidence. This week, therefore, I requested that the case of my raided papers be re-opened. In fact my attorney advised me long ago to do that.

No comments: