Tuesday, May 19, 2015

No Number

It's been the strangest day and a half. I have received, since yesterday, an endless stream of calls from [no number] and from various numbers besides. It was mad. In every case where I picked up the phone (many times, though not all), it was the same: the caller killed the call (see top right). I checked several numbers with our friendly telecommunications giant Telkom, but only one of them was listed. One wonders who would be doing the same strange thing across several telephones while hiding their identity, not to speak of the reason why.
.
NOTE: The madness continues the next day. Sorry folks, please e-mail me at scarboro@iafrica.com. My phone needs a nap. Here are two possible answers I have to the mystery: calls may be dropped because an agent wasn't ready to speak, like a secretary whose boss wasn't ready, or it may be calls purely to determine if the answerer is there.

No comments: