Saturday, May 9, 2015

Oil Painting

Speaking of my little sister, she recently shot to prominence with an oil painting (pictured), a large 1.5 by 1.5 metres / yards in size. Apart from her appearing in the paper and on radio this week, the two editors of the journal Philosophical Investigations approved the image for an article I wrote on African philosophy. That is to be published Monday week. OBSERVATION: Do you see O'Mant in the painting? I do. O'Mant was her tutor, one of the better known South African painters. Both Arthur O'Mant and Richard O'Mant are the same man. I asked his son why he kept switching names on his paintings. He didn't know.

1 comment:

Thomas O. Scarborough said...

A comment I received on O'Mant via e-mail: "I seem to recall he used different names depending on whether he was most proud or less proud of a work."