Monday, June 22, 2015

Cat Among Pigeons

This is a re-post, six years old. It describes what I think to be an important principle in the Church. No matter what one may adduce for or against something, the matter may sometimes be decided rather by the general well-being of the Body: "We invited a guest preacher to our Church while I was away. Some were deeply impressed by him, while others were repulsed. Now we have a pro-lobby who want him back, and an anti-lobby who are strongly opposed. Neither wants to yield. Part of the problem was that he committed to a certain time period, then way over-stepped it. Several people walked out. I have been instructed to speak to him to reach a solution that is congenial to all. Personally, I feel that if a guest preacher has the effect of a cat among pigeons, I don't want to see him again. However, the Church is not run on personal opinion." OBSERVATION: Paul introduced a similar principle in 1 Corinthians 11:16.

No comments: