Sunday, July 19, 2015

Two Memorandums

Two years ago, I took leave of urban ministry. Neilsons Attorneys oversaw the final contract (see the image). This was no small contract, as it wrapped up half a working lifetime. Attorney Elmarie Neilson and I each wrote up a memorandum, in the same board room, at the same time, in the presence of a Congregational minister. These two memorandums would form the basis of the contract, and we would both have access to them both. I duly filed a copy of mine with Attorney Neilson, and I asked Attorney Neilson for a copy of hers. I asked again. And again. Finally I requested the document in terms of an Act of Parliament: The Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA). Here is her reply, which I place off-blog without comment: PAIA Response.

No comments: