Saturday, July 4, 2015

Writing And Drink

It's good to see another essay of mine topping the charts today: Death, Philosophically (see the image). It's not easy, writing. Small wonder that so many writers take to drink. I think the most difficult aspect of it is clarifying concepts, and it's not something that anyone can do for you, although people can help. Sermon writing isn't easy either. Another minister was telling me that just this week. For me, sermons are a fight to the death -- yet so worthwhile, a blessing to many, and hopefully seemingly effortless in delivery. An old Bible college principal told us: one minute of preaching requires one hour of preparation. OBSERVATION: I received a challenge to my article Death, Philosophically, which I have answered there (Aspects of Mind is mine, too).

No comments: